By Vipul Gupta
What you’ll learn
- Use GWT’s distant strategy name (RPC) functions to significantly improve the consumer adventure via optimizing software functionality
- Go past simple syntax basics to benefit the way to such a lot successfully layout and try out your GWT functions
- Build complicated interfaces by means of profiting from GWT’s complex widget choices
Who this ebook is for
Java–minded internet builders looking to include Ajax features into their internet functions with out sacrificing sound improvement ideas.
Table of Contents
- GWT fundamentals and a primary software
- GWT structure and inner gains
- UI Programming: easy Widgets
- Communication: RPC
- UI Programming: dealing with occasions and utilizing AdvancedWidgets
- Communication: complex strategies
- Testing GWT functions
- Internationalizing Your purposes: A modern day fact
- Some vital, Not-to-Be-Missed thoughts
- Peeking Into the approaching GWT 1.5 liberate
Read or Download Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications PDF
Best java books
What for those who might condense Java all the way down to its absolute best positive aspects and construct higher functions with that less complicated model? during this booklet, veteran sunlight Labs engineer Jim Waldo finds which components of Java are most respected, and why these good points make Java top-of-the-line programming languages on hand.
each language ultimately builds up crud, Java incorporated. The middle language has develop into more and more huge and intricate, and the libraries linked to it have grown much more. tips on how to make the most of Java's top positive aspects by way of operating with an instance program during the ebook. you'll in contrast to many of the gains Jim Waldo considers strong, yet they'll really assist you write higher code.
* learn the way the kind process and programs assist you construct large-scale software program
* Use exceptions to make code extra trustworthy and more straightforward to take care of
* deal with reminiscence instantly with rubbish assortment
* notice how the JVM presents portability, safeguard, and approximately bug-free code
* Use Javadoc to embed documentation in the code
* benefit from reusable facts buildings within the collections library
* Use Java RMI to maneuver code and knowledge in a disbursed community
* find out how Java concurrency constructs allow you to take advantage of multicore processors
Model five. zero of the Java 2 typical variation SDK is crucial improve on the grounds that Java first seemed a decade in the past. With Java five. zero, you'll not just locate sizeable adjustments within the platform, yet to the language itself-something that builders of Java took 5 years to accomplish. the most target of Java five.
Java SOA Cookbook deals useful ideas and recommendation to programmers charged with imposing a service-oriented structure (SOA) of their association. rather than offering one other conceptual, high-level view of SOA, this cookbook indicates you ways to make SOA paintings. It's choked with Java and XML code you could insert at once into your purposes and recipes you could practice correct away.
The ebook focuses totally on using loose and open resource Java net providers applied sciences -- together with Java SE 6 and Java EE five instruments -- yet you'll locate assistance for utilizing commercially to be had instruments as well.
Java SOA Cookbook may help you:
* build XML vocabularies and information versions acceptable to SOA functions
* construct real-world internet companies utilizing the most recent Java criteria, together with JAX-WS 2. 1 and JAX-RS 1. zero for RESTful internet companies
* combine purposes from renowned provider services utilizing cleaning soap, POX, and Atom
* Create provider orchestrations with whole insurance of the WS-BPEL (Business strategy Execution Language) 2. zero average
* increase the reliability of SOAP-based prone with necessities akin to WS-Reliable Messaging
* care for governance, interoperability, and quality-of-service matters
The recipes in Java SOA Cookbook will equip you with the data you want to process SOA as an integration problem, now not an obstacle.
- Oracle : the complete reference
- Java 1.2 Unleashed
- Hibernate: a J2EE™ developer's guide
- Official Eclipse 3.0 Faqs
- Java Number Cruncher The Java Programmer's Guide to Numerical Computing
Extra info for Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications
Important Methods in the GeneratorContext Interface Method Name Description tryCreate(TreeLogger, String, String) Attempts to get a PrintWriter so that the caller can generate source code for a specific type. If the type already exists, then null is returned. ) method. getTypeOracle() Returns the TypeOracle (explained later in this section) for the GeneratorContext. getPropertyOracle() Returns the PropertyOracle (explained later in this section) for the GeneratorContext. ■Note The source code generation process for a named type, started with a call to the GeneratorContext.
Figure 1-4 shows the actual web browser window with the application running in it. Figure 1-4. Running your sample application in hosted mode. The embedded web browser window shows the application running in it. qxd 3/27/08 3:37 PM Page 11 CHAPTER 1 ■ GWT BASICS AND A FIRST APPLICATION Understanding the Generated Scripts to Compile and Run the Application The applicationCreator utility creates two script files for helping the development process. These files contain the Java commands to compile the application and to run the application in hosted mode (running the entry-point class).
Listing 2-2. newInstance(); // where typeOfSpacecraft is a String object containing either "Orbiter" or "Lander" The various web browsers in use today have a lot of properties and methods that are proprietary and hence cause differences that need to be handled differently while writing an application supporting all these browsers. clientHeight The simplest technique that a programming framework such as the GWT could use to handle such differences is to have a common base class and override such custom behavior in customized subclasses.
Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications by Vipul Gupta