By Calvin Austin
(Pearson schooling) A consultant for skilled internet builders to utilizing the Java 2 platform. courses the reader via complicated APIs, delivering insurance of key parts in complicated functions. The CD-ROM includes the entire resource code referenced within the textual content in addition to the textual content itself in html, and Linux software program. Softcover. DLC: program software--Development.
Read Online or Download Advanced Programming for the Java 2 Platform PDF
Similar java books
What in case you might condense Java right down to its best possible positive aspects and construct larger functions with that less complicated model? during this booklet, veteran sunlight Labs engineer Jim Waldo finds which elements of Java are most respected, and why these gains make Java among the finest programming languages on hand.
each language finally builds up crud, Java integrated. The middle language has develop into more and more huge and intricate, and the libraries linked to it have grown much more. the way to make the most of Java's top gains by means of operating with an instance program through the ebook. you'll unlike many of the gains Jim Waldo considers solid, yet they'll truly assist you write higher code.
* find out how the kind approach and programs assist you construct large-scale software program
* Use exceptions to make code extra trustworthy and more straightforward to take care of
* deal with reminiscence immediately with rubbish assortment
* detect how the JVM offers portability, protection, and approximately bug-free code
* Use Javadoc to embed documentation in the code
* make the most of reusable information buildings within the collections library
* Use Java RMI to maneuver code and knowledge in a allotted community
* learn the way Java concurrency constructs allow you to take advantage of multicore processors
Model five. zero of the Java 2 usual variation SDK is an important improve when you consider that Java first seemed a decade in the past. With Java five. zero, you'll not just locate giant alterations within the platform, yet to the language itself-something that builders of Java took 5 years to accomplish. the most aim of Java five.
Java SOA Cookbook bargains sensible recommendations and suggestion to programmers charged with enforcing a service-oriented structure (SOA) of their association. rather than supplying one other conceptual, high-level view of SOA, this cookbook exhibits you ways to make SOA paintings. It's choked with Java and XML code you could insert without delay into your purposes and recipes you could follow correct away.
The e-book focuses totally on using loose and open resource Java net companies applied sciences -- together with Java SE 6 and Java EE five instruments -- yet you'll locate counsel for utilizing commercially to be had instruments as well.
Java SOA Cookbook might help you:
* build XML vocabularies and knowledge types acceptable to SOA functions
* construct real-world net providers utilizing the newest Java criteria, together with JAX-WS 2. 1 and JAX-RS 1. zero for RESTful internet companies
* combine purposes from renowned provider companies utilizing cleaning soap, POX, and Atom
* Create provider orchestrations with entire assurance of the WS-BPEL (Business approach Execution Language) 2. zero common
* increase the reliability of SOAP-based providers with requirements resembling WS-Reliable Messaging
* care for governance, interoperability, and quality-of-service concerns
The recipes in Java SOA Cookbook will equip you with the data you must procedure SOA as an integration problem, now not an obstacle.
- Java : practical guide for programmers
- Official Eclipse 3.0 Faqs
- Programming Android
- Advanced JavaServer Pages
- Java Programming Interviews Exposed
- Core Java, Volume 1: Fundamentals (9th Edition)
Extra info for Advanced Programming for the Java 2 Platform
Topic Section Lookup Services • Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) • Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) Naming Service • Interoperable Object References (IOR) • Remote Method Invocation (RMI) • RMI Over Internet Inter-ORB Protocol (IIOP) • JINI Lookup Services 42 43 • Improving Lookup Performance Remote Method Invocation (RMI) • About RMI • RMI in the Auction Application ♦ Class Overview ♦ File Summary ♦ Compile the Example ♦ Start the RMI Registry ♦ Start the Remote Server • Establishing Remote Communications • RegistrationServer Class ♦ Exporting a Remote Object ♦ Passing by Value and by Reference ♦ Distributed Garbage Collection • Registration Interface • ReturnResults Interface • SellerBean Class Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) • IDL Mapping Scheme ♦ Quick Reference ♦ Setting up IDL Mappings ♦ Other IDL Types • CORBA in the Auction Application ♦ CORBA RegistrationServer ♦ IDL Mappings File ♦ Compiling the IDL Mappings File ♦ Stub and Skeleton Files • Object Request Broker (ORB) ♦ Making the CORBA Server Accessible ♦ Plugging in a New ORB ♦ Naming Service Access by CORBA Clients • Helper and Holder Classes • Garbage Collection • CORBA Callbacks • Using the Any Type • Conclusion JDBC Technology • JDBC Drivers • Database Connections • Statements ♦ Callable Statements ♦ Statements ♦ Prepared Statements • Caching Database Results • Result Sets • Scrolling Result Sets • Controlling Transactions • Escaping Characters • Mapping Database Types • Mapping Date types [TOP] 43 44 Chapter 4: Lookup Services [<
1 versions of the Enterprise JavaBeans specification. 0 Specification REQUIRED TX_REQUIRED Container-managed transaction. The server either starts and manages a new transaction on behalf of the user or continues using the transaction that was started by the code that called 35 36 this Bean. REQUIRESNEW TX_REQUIRED_NEW Container-managed transaction. The server starts and manages a new transaction. If an existing transaction starts this transaction, it suspends until this transaction completes. Specified as Bean transaction-type in TX_BEAN_MANAGED deployment descriptor Bean-managed transaction.
This is a container-managed search based on the finder mechanism described in Chapter 2. java class defines a Bean-managed search for the primary keys of auction items with summary fields that contain characters matching the search string. This Bean establishes a database connection, and provides the getMatchingItemsList and EJBCreate methods. Database Connection Because this Bean manages its own database access and search, it has to establish its own database connection. It cannot rely on the container to do this.
Advanced Programming for the Java 2 Platform by Calvin Austin